Certified Associate in Project Management
As organisations struggle to address the challenges of increasing technological complexity, Project Management has become
crucial to deliver projects on time, within budget and of acceptable quality.
Project management not only addresses the technical issues regarding, scope, schedule, cost, risks etc. but also people
issues such as leadership, team dynamics, change management, stakeholders' expectations etc.
Project management is critical to organizational success as it focuses on the implementation of projects to meet the
organization goals and objectives defined in its strategic plan.
Why Study Project Management?
- Project management skills are highly utilized in moving organizational strategy, goals and objectives to project implementation
- Attain the knowledge, skills and techniques to successfully manage projects throughout their life cycles
- Improve your professional profile, competencies and capabilities for career development
- Improve your marketability and create opportunities for professional growth and development
- Attain recognized professional certification
- The Project Environment
- Project Integration
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers, Project Planners and Project Team Members
- Operations Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Managers, Business Managers
- Persons who wish to develop Project Management skills and to ensure success in the planning, monitoring and implementation
of management related projects within their organization.
- Persons who wish to have a globally recognised certification in Project Management.
Fundamentals of Project Management certificate from CTS College or prior knowledge/work experience in the field.
While this course is based on the theoretical content in preparation for the PMI and CAPM Exams, sufficient
opportunities for practical work would be provided to apply project management principles.
Thirty-six (36) contact hours. Twelve (12) sessions of three (3) hours.
- Explain the requirements to complete a pre-project setup.
- Identify the characteristics of a project.
- Explain the components of a project charter.
- Explain the different types of organizational structures.
- Prepare a project scope document based on an approved project charter.
- Use a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary to organize project planning.
- Outline a process for managing changes to the project.
- Develop a project schedule based on WBS, project scope and resource requirements.
- Given a desired deliverable, apply the appropriate tool and/or method to produce the appropriate outcome.
- Identify components of an internal/external communication plan.
- Outline the components of a risk management plan.
- Identify roles and resource requirements based on WBS and resource availability.
- Identify components of a quality management plan.
- Identify components of a cost management plan.
- Explain the procurement process in a given situation.
- Explain the purpose and common components of a transition plan.
Project Execution and Delivery
- Coordinate human resources to maximize performance.
- Explain the importance of a project kick-off meeting and outline the common activities performed during this meeting.
- Recognize the purpose and influence of organizational governance on a project's execution.
Change Control and Communication
- Implement proper change management procedures.
- Evaluate the impact of potential changes to triple constraint.
- Using the risk management plan, determine an appropriate response to potential risk/opportunity events.
- Explain the appropriate steps to ensure quality of project deliverables.
- Calculate and interpret the results of Earned Value Measurement (EVM).
- Manage and implement information distribution based on communications plan.
- Recognize the special communication needs of remote and/or indirect project team members.
- Explain the importance and benefits of formal project closure.
- Identify circumstances in which project/phase closure might occur and identify steps to take when closure occurs.
- Identify the components and purpose of closing documentation.
||05:30 pm to 08:30 pm
||Mr. Heera Rampaul
Session - Thursday (05:30 pm to 08:30 pm)
|Cycle 2 - Online Classes
||Thursday, May 4, 2023
||Thursday, July 20, 2023
|Cycle 3 - Online Classes
||Thursday, September 7, 2023
||Thursday, November 23, 2023
Course Study Options at CTS
Students completing the course are encouraged to write the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) examination. Although the exam is optional, the certification received from writing the exam is an important
way to validate your learning and is an excellent tool when seeking employment.
If you believe that you do not meet the requirements of this course, feel free to check out our Fundamentals of Project Management course.
Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM
The CAPM is attained from PMI (Project Management Institute) a globally recognized organization whose standards for
project, program and portfolio management are the most widely recognized ones in the profession and are a model for
project management in business and government.
CAPM adheres to the PMI standard and is aligned to the PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition. Certification is attained by writing
the CAPM examinations offered by PMI.
For the CAPM, you can schedule your exam at a testing site or in an online proctored environment through Pearson VUE
by logging-in to your MyPMI account and following the prompts.
Then all that's left is to test.
Students will be provided the following set of resources for the course
Books and Resources
CTS College will provide:
- CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition, Joseph Phillips
- CAPM In-Depth, Second Edition, Paul Sanghera (Digital copy)
- Past Papers
- Related resources
$3,000.00 TTD (Cost inclusive of tuition, books and resources)
Heera Rampaul - BSc, MBA, PMP.
Heera Rampaul has over twenty-five years' experience in the ICT field having served as an ICT Business Consultant, an ICT Business Solutions Specialist, ICT Manager and a Project Leader. He headed many projects at both the private and public sectors and has been a member of various steering committees and project management teams involved in projects at national and institutional levels.
Mr. Rampaul is the holder of a BSc, MBA (Information Management), and a host of certifications inclusive of Project Management Professional (PMP) and Project Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP).
The programme management team is responsible for the management of the course. If you would like further information or would like clarification on this programme please contact:
Ms. Reena Seepersadsingh
Phone: (868) 376-7721