To introduce candidates to the main principles and processes in finance and accounting.
The CIFA course contains the knowledge and skills about costing and financial processes for non-financial professionals, to help them better understand the impact of their function’s performance on the costs and overall finances of the organization.
Upon completion of CIFA training, the learner will be able to:
1. Understand the definitions and purpose of financial statements.
2. Identify financial ratios.
3. Understand the calculation related to financial ratios.
4. Understand the double-entry book-keeping method.
5. Understand the definition and purpose of capital budgeting.
6. Understand the main inventory valuation methods.
7. Understand product costing methods.
8. Understand the definition and purpose of cost of goods manufactured (COGM).
9. Understand the definition and purpose of and cost of goods sold (COGS).
10. Identify the elements of breakeven analysis and the associated calculations.
11. Understand the principles of Activity Based Costing (ABC costing).
12. Identify the steps in throughput accounting.
13. Understand the principles of amortization and depreciation including the associated calculations.
The CIFA training is intended for people who:
A CIFA certificate holder has a basic understanding of the various processes and calculations used in finance and accounting, can apply the knowledge in combination with various areas of specialization such as supply chain management, manufacturing, project management and others.
Similar to the other courses offered by BRASI, CIFA course has been developed using the ADDIE methodology of curriculum development, following the guidelines contained in the ASTM Standard E-2659. BRASI's Program Advisory Group (BRASI PAG) is responsible for the development, surveillance and continuous improvement of BRASI's training programs.
The CIFA course provides fundamental knowledge in the key areas of finance and accounting, including the following:
Mode of Delivery:
Live Q&A sessions are held to answer any specific questions and explain key concepts as needed. Participation in the Q&A sessions is optional and is not taken into account for the passing score.
CIFA is a self-paced online training course and can be started at any time.
The certificate is valid for three years and can be renewed by retaking the course, or providing evidence of similar training. Renewal fee may apply.
The course fee is posted on the BRASI website and is subject to change without notice. Cancellation is allowed within three days from the date of access to the course. Full refund is made within one week of cancellation.
In celebration of its 40th Anniversary, BRASI is offering subsidies in course fees. Details are available on the BRASI website. Registration for BRASI courses can be done directly at the BRASI website or through BRASI's Affiliated Organizations featured on the BRASI website. In either case, training is conducted utilizing BRASI online learning management system, and the certificate is issued by BRASI. For further information, please visit the Contact Us page on the BRASI web site.
First, students create their user profile on the BRASI web site. There is no cost involved and no payment information is needed to create user profile. On the landing page, you can find more details about the training courses, the procedures and requirement, helping you understand the features of the various courses offered, and the options.
When ready, select the courses you want to take, and proceed to check out. Acceptable modes of payment include major credit cards and PayPal. The course is designed to be completed within three months. However, extension is allowed upon request. Upon completing the course review, you can take the final test. Time allowed for the test is 90 minutes, and the passing score is 70%.
Use this code to get US$20 off: CIFA-CTS
We are an ACTT recognised institution and partner with international awarding bodies