Social Media Management
In today's rapidly evolving data-driven business world, organisations continue to recognise the strength and value of
maintaining an active and robust presence on digital and social media platforms. These platforms are providing additional
points of contact with stakeholders and creating new avenues to strengthen relationships. With valuable and unprecedented
access to data about products, competitors and consumer behaviour, businesses with an effective social media presence
and strong engagement strategy are better poised for strategic advertising, marketing, sales and customer service.
The question therefore remains
- Are you there yet?
For success in today's digital world, you must have a plan to integrate your social and mobile marketing strategies
into your business strategy. Whether your company has a sophisticated engagement strategy or you are a new start-up,
the CTS College immersion exercise will help you to strengthen your top level strategy, structure your review and management
of digital analytics, improve your business intelligence on social media and leverage evolving trends to grow provable
market share and build stronger relationships with your high value markets.
The objective of the programme is to provide participants with the practical knowledge and insights required to manage
their individual and business presence on social media. It includes a practical project where students will create
and evaluate a comprehensive social marketing strategy for an organisation of their choice. This project in the Social
Media Marketing will put the methodologies, tools, and insights they have learned to the test as they create a multifaceted
plan to assure effective social marketing is an integral part of their business strategy.
What do I need for this course?
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- A creative mindset
- A passion for communications, advertising, marketing, social media and data mining
Who should attend?
- Social Media Marketers
- Organisations seeking to establish a marketing presence on social media
- Anyone interested in social media communications and marketing
What am I going to learn?
- The evolution of social media marketing in the context of Trinidad and Tobago
- Current practices in social media marketing
- To properly identify and select social media platforms to engage businesses and consumers
- To develop, manage, measure and adjust your traditional and social media marketing strategies, matching markets to
strategies to position your brand in the global digital marketplace, maximise your business' competitive advantage
and profitably grow your business.
- To create targeted content and spark dialogue with various digital and social communities
- To manage reputational issues on social media
- To make more informed decisions about the structure of social media teams
- To apply analytical techniques correctly to monitor and measure your social media performance on multiple platforms
- To use the proper tools and tactics for listening to your customer
- To appropriately use the insights gathered to target continuous improvements
The following will be covered:
1: Introduction to Social Media
- The turning point in communications- Myths and facts about social media
- Understanding the social media landscape
- Understanding what makes content go viral
- How and why social media is working for companies today
- Developing a Marketing Pitch to get businesses started on social media
2: Developing your social media strategy
- Aligning social media marketing with overall business strategy
- Developing SMART objectives for social media strategies and campaigns
- Identifying and researching the behaviour of Target Audiences on social media
- Identifying influencers on social media
- Distinguishing homophily from influence
- Leveraging peer influence for business
- Introduction to Twitter
- Getting started using Twitter
- Building Relationships: Finding the right people & accounts to follow
- Searching for information & competitors
- Finding and developing your voice
- Creating and managing tweets
- Using Twitter lists as a marketing tool
- Monitoring conversations about your business
- Measuring your impact on Twitter (Analytics)
- An introduction to Facebook, review of new features
- Managing a personal presence
- Creating a Business Page, Groups
- Targeting and Building audiences
- Improving Facebook fan engagement
- Creating Engaging Status updates
- Treating with Trolls
- Polls & surveys for brand measurement/ audience engagement
- Facebook events & marketing techniques
- Facebook photos & videos
- Facebook ad techniques to increase revenue
- Ad metrics and how to figure out what is working
- Connecting Facebook to Instagram
- Introduction to Instagram
- Managing a personal and business presence on Instagram
- Targeting and building audiences
- Instagram photos and videos
- Marketing on Instagram
- Establishing a personal presence on LinkedIn
- How to find and build connections relevant to you and your industry
- Job Searcher or Employer- Using LinkedIn as an HR machine
- Managing your LinkedIn company page
- Optimization strategies
- How to use LinkedIn to support content marketing
- LinkedIn groups
- Introduction to Pinterest
- Pinterest in the Trinbagonian context
- Pinterest Business Etiquette
- Using Pinterest in Your Marketing Campaigns
- Introduction to Snapchat
- Snapchat content strategy
- Managing & Tracking customers on Snapchat
9: Social Media Mining and Measurement
- Understanding social media mining and measurement:
- Listening, Monitoring, Community analysis, Sentiment analysis, User engagement analysis
- Analysing methods to leverage search and data mining to generate advertising and win sales on social media
10: Developing a social media editorial calendar
11: Social Media Reputation Monitoring and Crises Management strategies
||06:00 pm to 08:30 pm
||Mr. Kevin Mc Clean
Session - Thursday (06:00 pm to 08:30 pm)
||Thursday, February 14, 2019
||Thursday, March 28, 2019
||Thursday, May 16, 2019
||Thursday, July 11, 2019
||Thursday, September 5, 2019
||Thursday, October 17, 2019
||Thursday, December 12, 2019
||Thursday, January 30, 2020
Exam(s) and Assessment
Students will be required to complete a final project where they will
evaluate a comprehensive social marketing strategy. This final project will put the methodologies, tools,
and insights learned to the test as students create a multifaceted plan to assure effective social marketing is an
integral part of their business strategy.
Students will receive a certificate of completion.
Kevin McClean currently serves as the Social Media Manager for various organisations where he has successfully applied techniques, strategies and metrics that brought growth, engagement and developed the organisation.
Mr. McClean has over seven years' expertise in Social Media Management and he has experience in social communications integration for organisations in the Human Resources, Tertiary Education, Early Childhood / Primary Education and the Automotive Industries.
As a Social Media Strategist, Mr. McClean has led social media marketing programs, online engagement in social platform programmes and social marketing for B2B professional services companies. He has also attained a professional certification in Social Media Strategy from the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business.
In addition to his full-time career, Mr. McClean is actively involved in educating young professionals throughout Trinidad and Tobago and he is also the recipient of the Rotary International's highest award, the Paul Harris Fellow.
Jude Bernard is CTS College's Programme Manager for the Business Professional Courses. Holder of a BSc and an MSc, Jude
also possess several years of experience in the role of student support and programme management.
Mr. Matthew Christian
No books required. CTS will provide all handouts for the programme.